I’ve done two sites for entrepreneurs entering the CBD space. Both times I’ve seen that it’s an uphill battle getting them the exposure they need due to the regulations around the sales and publicity of CBD.
Google doesn’t let CBD companies use their Google Ads platform, nor does Snapchat and others. Facebook is loosening up a little, but still it’s an up hill battle.
What many of these companies need to do is think outside of the box. They should aim to do outreach more organically.
Some suggestions I’ve found are:
- Find some display networks that don’t ban CBD ads.
- Find influencers who are willing to promote your product.
- Place native advertising on select blogs. This often involves an outreach strategy.
- Affiliate Marketing is another great one. Have people share your product and sell via their sites and give them a cut of the proceeds
- Another great place to think about getting your CBD product out there is on podcast. Podcasts listenership is way up and if you find the right podcast with the right audience, BAM!
I think that as CBD becomes more and more mainstream, companies like Google are going to loosen their restrictions. I don’t think they’re going to want to leave this much money on the table.
Do you work with CBD brands or with other products that have similar restrictions? How do you promote? Post your thoughts in the comments below.