I still can’t get over what happened at Pulse Night Club during the early morning hours of Sunday. The amount of hate that goes into doing something this horrendous is beyond me. My heart aches for all those involved, both the wounded and dead victims, those who were there that night and the family members and friends of those affected.
In the aftermath of this insanity, most “civil” people condemned the attack. Many encouraged people to not only use their words, but take action (ie. give blood, volunteer, etc.). Yet there has been some really ugly actions (verbal and otherwise) taking place. People have taken to social media to say things that, either implied or otherwise, the people at the club deserved it because of their orientation. This is so wrong on so many levels. No one deserves to be murdered… EVER.
I wanted to write a lengthy commentary on the gun control issue, but I’ve decided to put it in simple list form:
- There is no need for an AR-15. The only purpose for this gun is to kill as many people as possible as quickly as possible.
- The 2nd Amendment was written in 18th Century when the best weapon was a highly inaccurate musket.
- There is no need for a high-capacity magazine. Seriously, unless you’re out to kill people, there’s nothing wrong with reloading.
- Background checks have to get better. People should be able to buy guns, but lunatics shouldn’t. The FBI knew about the gun man 2 years ago and he still was able to LEGALLY buy a gun. WTF!
- Bad guys will always be able to get guns, with or without gun control. Though if they get them illegally, it’s harder and there are harsher repercussions for doing so.
Let’s make one fact perfectly clear. There is nothing wrong with owning a gun. It’s the kind of gun and who can get a gun (legally) that’s the problem. The National Rifle Association, was originally setup to be an association to self control guns, they are now just as evil as those who use guns to kill. They enable evil people, who shouldn’t have guns, to buy them legally.
I know this is a tough discussion. I know this issue divides many of my friends. But, regardless of what side of the issue you align, you have to agree, something needs to be done. We are 164 days into 2016 and we’ve already had 133 mass shootings. What’s wrong with that picture.
One more thing… LOVE IS LOVE (mic drop).
Okay, now’s your chance to tell me that your agree with me or that I’m crazy socialist, anti-gun, lunatic, who wants to take away your freedom. And go…