Well it happened. It finally snowed and with it came a snow day.
Loved by kids, dreaded by parents, snow days pose a quandary to entrepreneurs, especially solopreneurs.
The question? What the heck do I do with the kid(s) while I attempt to get some work done?
Staying motivated and on task is key. Here are some tips that I came up this morning for myself.
- Go somewhere in the house quiet.
- Be available for the kid when the need arises.
- Set expectations of your time.
- When you sit down to work… focus, focus, focus.
- Don’t get angry when the kiddo(s) want attention, they are home from school and need to be kept occupied.
- Realize that you’re not going to get a full day of work in.
How do you deal with snow days? Leave your comments below.
Image Credit: Pexels